Last updated February 2021 - you may need to refresh these pages to see the latest updates.
Covid has obviously had a major effect on exhibitions throughout 2020, and it looks as though the first few months of 2021 are going to be equally affected. The only possible date in the diary at present is the Bluebell MRS at the end of June, but this is totally dependent on government actions, and a decision on whether an exhibition can be organised in a safe manner for both exhibitors and visitors alike.
However, the past twelve months have provided plenty of opportunity to complete many projects, a few of which have been on the shelf for a few years - as many as 25 years in more than one case.
I’ve managed to build three new engines:
- a scratchbuilt E4X which I started some time in the 90’s but then stopped when I obtained a ‘pre-owned’ white metal body which required a new chassis and a repaint.
- a Gladstone kit from Albion models.
- a scratchbuilt I2 (to match the I3 built in 1993) and which will pull the Royal Train (a set of Smokey Locos kits bought some time around 1995) currently being built by Chris.
I’ve finished two six wheel coaches:
- a GV van built by Chris and just needing painting and lettering.
- a scratchbuilt slatted butter van, at least 25 years in the making.
I’ve also emptied my box of unbuilt wagon kits, and finished the last seven opens: five white-metal kits, and two Slaters. In addition I’ve finally got round to completing four scratchbuilt type A wagons, the last of a group of eight A and D type bodies I made in the dying days of the 20th century.
Also, during last summer I spent a good few hours making videos of Plumpton Green - six published so far, with a few more planned when time permits.
Information for Exhibition Managers about Plumpton Green can be found here and here.
The Brighton Circle e-group has recently started producing a twice-yearly digital ‘Modellers’ Digest’ which contains articles of particular interest to modellers of the LBSC of all scales and eras, and potentially other pre-group modellers. The latest edition of the Digest can be found here.
This website contains details of my current layout ‘Plumpton Green’ together with the Mid-Sussex Group’s layouts, plus photos and descriptions of various techniques I have used over the years. The layouts and models here are all built to Protofour standards (4mm:ft). Pulborough and Plumpton Green are both available for exhibition.
All of the photos and drawings should open a larger version in a new window if you click on them.